What we do
The safest way for children to travel in cars is in a child car seat that is suitable for their weight and size, and is correctly fitted in the car.
This website will help you to:
- Understand the different types of child car seats
- Choose the most suitable child car seats for your children
- Ensure your child seats are fitted correctly in your car
- Comply with the law on how children should be carried in cars
- Understand how to carry other people's children safely
A properly fitted child car seat will help to prevent your child from being thrown about inside the vehicle, or ejected from it, if there is a crash. It will also absorb some of the impact force, and provide some protection from objects intruding into the passenger compartment.